We're an age friendly bus operator
Here at Swindon's Bus Company, we welcome everyone on board our services and know that some of our customers need a little extra support from time to time.
This is why we invest in extra training for our drivers as well as other onboard facilities that can make life a little easier.
Here are just some of the things we do:
- All drivers are trained to become dementia friends
- Our bus flooring is designed to be dementia friendly
- We have priority seats nearer to the front of the bus clearly labelled for those customers that need them most
- Our on board, next stop announcements help people to identify where they are
- Our drivers are trained to wait for older customers to be seated before pulling away
- At the same time we ask older customers to stay safely in their seat until the bus has stopped before leaving the bus
- We have printed timetables available for those that don't want to use websites and smartphones
- Our customer service team is locally based and available on the phone via a local number
- We offer training sessions on our app for those that need technical support
- The helping hand card is available to help with specific requests or hidden disabilities
- Our buses can take wheelchairs and walking aids
- Our drivers are trained to lower the ramp to help those with accessibility needs